In addition, members of the Association also benefit from;
- Discounted fees for our annual conference. A fantastic opportunity to meet your colleagues from across the UK, with a strong PA(A)-relevant educational core.
- Free admission to the Managed Voluntary Register for qualified PA(A)s; the cost of registration alone is equivalent to that annual membership.
- Access to the member’s on-line forum. This is a lively forum which we use to share information, ask for advice and help, air our concerns, debate current issues, and generally keep in touch with one another. (It is by turns, reassuring, alarming, infuriating or hilarious, but rarely boring!)
- The opportunity to attend the Annual General Meeting of the APA(A), have your say, stand for committee membership, vote in committee elections.
- These are ‘interesting’ times for Physicians’ Assistants (Anaesthesia). The NHS is bracing itself for the upheaval that will be the inevitable result of Mr. Lansley’s reforms, and we are likely to be as vulnerable as anyone is when cutbacks are mooted.
to Association of Physicians’ Assistants (Anaesthesia)
If we want to maintain & drive forward the progress we’ve made so far, we can do it best together. By sharing our experiences and innovations we can work towards demonstrating that every PA(A) is an indispensable part of the anaesthesia team; maximising efficiency, improving patient outcomes and satisfaction, and above all, such good value, it would be pure folly for any Operating Department to try and function without us.
If you’re a Qualified or Trainee PA(A), and not a member of the Association, join us now, and book your study leave for Conference in May; there are less of us than there are members of the Royal Ballet, but together, we can be a force to be reckoned with!Lisa Bailey SPA(A), Secretary APA(A).
Subscribe to Association of Physicians’ Assistants (Anaesthesia)
Please note: The annual subscription fee is £60. Subscription payment is due on the 1st of February and 1st of August, £30 on each date, alternatively you may pay the full £60 on the 1st of February.
Entry on to the MVR alone [without membership of the APA(A)] must be renewed annually on the 1st of February.
The register is updated monthly. Please use the above form to update your details on the register.
The current MVR is available to download off the home page or from the link on the left of this page.